- Alpine Mounting Systems
All the equipment & expertise needed to run your own custom image mounting business
After 25 years, the owner of Alpine Mounting Systems/tahoeposters.com is retiring and wants to sell all of the equipment, poster and print inventory, supplies, customer contact lists and even willing to train a new owner on the unique art of large format laminating and Boxmounting. This will enable you to enter the highly profitable business of custom mounting, or to expand your current business.
All of the equipment and supplies will fit into an extra large garage or small warehouse space. The equipment, contact list, and website will be valuable additions to any professional photographer, print shop, gallery owner or print framing business.
All equipment and print/poster inventory are in quality condition and can easily be used to generate quick income. The current business owner is willing to train a new owner on the unique art of custom BoxMounting.
Purchase Alpine Mounting Systems and you’ll have the equipment & training to build custom Boxmounts and associated products
Boxmounting is an alternative to custom framing. Boxmounted images are laminated and flush mounted to the edge of a mica and fiberboard box. Lamination provides permanent protection without the use of glass or plexiglass. Boxmounts take the place of a frame, but are quite different in appearance from a traditional frame. They are lightweight and durable, an elegant finished product, ready to hang on the wall.
There are several variations of the standard Boxmount that range from simpler to more elaborate, all based on the same construction and materials.
Alpine Mounting Systems has several sources of continuing mounting business:
- Wholesale through traditional custom picture framers
- Wholesale through professional photographers
- Wholesale through interior designers
- Retail through the storefront
- Retail through tahoeposters.com
- Retail through mail order
- Any or all of these may be the focus of a new owner
This style of poster, print, and photo mounting is unique, providing a high quality custom product at a very reasonable price. There are many applications and potential sources of business. Boxmounting fits nicely in the space between inexpensive ready made frames and high end custom framing. Posters, photos, maps, certificates, blueprints all look great on the Boxmount. They are perfect for displays, offices, restaurants, kid’s rooms, general home décor.
This business would be a great addition to an existing frame shop, print shop or photography studio, as well as the potential as a standalone business for a new owner.
- Ledco Digital 42” Laminator with 72” outfeed table
- Rotatrim Professional 54” rotary trimmer
- 50” x 98” soft covered work table
- 32” x 60” vacuum work table
- 38 x 72” glass top light table
- Fletcher 3000 wall mounted multi material cutter
- Mar Bel PR6-51 Pinch Roller
- Devilbiss Pro Air II 6.5hp 80 gallon air compressor
- Binks 2 gallon pressure fluid tank/2001ss spray gun
- 20” high volume louvered exhaust fan x 2
- Teknek 12” dust cleaning roller
- 58” x 96” work table
- Ryobi 10” table saw with long fence
- Milwaukee Heavy Duty Router with custom router table
- Makita 10” Mitre saw with custom bench
- Senco SFW10xp fine wire stapler
- Reliant 2hp dust collector
- Reliant 5 speed 1/2” drill press
- Poster inventory of over 1500 posters (over 150 different images)
- Sales includes website: http://www.tahoeposters.com